Sunday, January 23, 2011

More Picture Frames

I'm having too much fun with these things.  I went to Michaels and stocked up on more blank frames and more hanks of beads.  Got a few in different frame shapes too.  The beads are Blue Moon beads and made in India.  The sizes and shapes are very random but that makes for more interesting texture on the frames.

I keep learning as I go.  I've found out it's easier and less stinky to use Aleen's Tacky Glue instead of contact glue.  I've also learned that keeping baby wipes on hand is an easy way to get glue off my hands when I accidentally touch a spot I've just glued.  The baby wipes are also great for going over the sections of beads and pressing on them to make sure they're all well stuck in the glue.  The wipes help remove excess glue so I can see what I've missed and if the wipes are still wet the beads won't stick and pull beads out of place.

As much as possible I use the beads still on the strings and after sticking them in the glue, pull the string out.  Another things I've learned is that if I'm not being careful I tend to drop the string of beads land get beads every where. (Can't walk and chew gum too well either)  Attaching large beads and filling small areas with seed beads is still one bead at a time.

The frame below is shades of blue and grey.  The picture area is offset from center with a larger area to the right of the picture.  On that side I've used three graduated sizes of mirrors for accent.  The lines of beads were purposely placed in wavy lines and kind of make me think of a pool of water.  Since all the beads are odd shaped it would be impossible to get straight lines.


The frame below was almost too much fun.  I had several small pieces of glass that I fused to play with color and didn't really have a plan for any of them.  Those pieces of glass have been sitting around gathering dust.  I put those pieces in a bag and whacked them with a hammer, then glued them to the frame like glass tile.  Then I went back and filled open spaces with seed beads.  The seed beads were left over from the first frame I made and I didn't worry about what color, just stuck them on as I went.  The outside and inside edges were covered with randomly strung seed beads.



The frame below is a variation on the first one I made.  It features crosses and chunks of colored glass.  After gluing the beads to the front I put all the left overs in a bead spinner and strung them for sticking to the sides and inner edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment