Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sea Side

Some time ago my Florida son gave me a bunch of sea shells.  I haven't totally decided what to do with them but I've been tossing around some ideas.  I want to make a SEA based necklace so follow along as I make it and probably make mistakes.

I started out with a plain white sea shell. I drilled a hole through the back for an attachment spot.  Not sure I'm going to need it but wanted it there just in case.


After drilling the hole I lightly sanded the shell with fine sand paper so I would have a good surface for drawing.  I didn't want this to be any old regular white sea shell.  I cleaned it with glass cleaner then got out the colored pencils and started drawing.

Now the shell is covered with a blue background, red coral, green sea weed, a couple of star fish, sea horses and sea urchins.



Once that was all done I sprayed it with fixative and will let it dry until I can get back to the basement and back to work constructing the necklace.  I have other shells to add and may add some metal charms as well as seed beads.  I've got a few ideas.  We'll see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment