Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

More room to write here than Facebook.

It's a winter wonderland out side.  Everything covered in white and beautiful.  Spent the day making goodies for tomorrow's Christmas party at my niece Jeanne's.

Made a very simple candy treat from a recipe I got at work.  Simple, the best kind.  You mash up a package of Oreo cookies, mix in 8 oz of softened cream cheese, form it into balls and chill till firm.  Once they're firm you cover them in melted chocolate.  So simple but so good.

After that I got the bright idea to use gingerbread graham crackers for the filling.  Since they don't have the filling of Oreos they were a little dry.  Solved that by melting a stick of butter and added that to the mixture along with about 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cloves.  Of course keeping it real simple I did all the mixing in the food processor.  YUM. 

For the final item I made 2 cheese cakes.  These were at the request of my nephew, Nick.  I hear they're his favorite but we all seem to like them.  I also made fruit salsa to top the cheese cake if desired or just to eat with graham crackers.

Took a few minutes to finish wrapping the gifts for tomorrow.  Now all that's left to do is get there.  I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.  My favorite part of Christmas is visiting with family that I love but don't get to see as often as I'd like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment