Saturday, December 4, 2010

Random Glass Necklace part 2

 All the parts are completed and ready to connect.


To build the necklace I used 6mm jump rings to connect 1 bead with a wrapped loop on each end, 3 headpin dangles and 1 bead with wrapped loops.  Continue adding wrap loop beads alternating with 3 dangle units  until all units are attached.  I don't put dangles at the clasp ends of the necklace.


 Here's the necklace with everything except the clasp attached.  I used a small snap/button type clasp for a closure and soldered all the jump rings closed.  That's easier said than done since the beads keep wanting to get in the way of the soldering iron.  I used Stay Brite solder and flux with a low temp soldering iron.



Here's the necklace with the clasp attached, the jump rings soldered and everything cleaned.




Now I'll have to take another jewelry break to do some sewing.  I promised my granddaughter, Emily, that I'd make a Christmas dress with snowflakes.  Yes this is the same granddaughter that got the Glenda costume for Halloween.  And yes she has me wrapped around her little finger.

In case you missed seeing her completed costume here is another picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment