Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Random Glass Necklace

Every time I wear the necklace I made from random glass beads and wire someone comments on it.  I made it just to use left over beads but it has become one of my favorite necklaces because it goes with almost every thing.  I decided to use that necklace for inspiration.  I recently purchased several strings of lampwork beads and that's the base for the new necklace.

Here's a couple shots of the inspiration necklace.  




And the bead stash.  Not going to use all of them but will dig out what I want.  Actually may end up making a couple necklaces or maybe a matching cha-cha bracelet and of course earrings.



To start I used 20 gauge Artistic silver wire and wired up 17 beads for the main part of the necklace.  Each bead has a wrapped loop in both ends.




 For the dangling sections I used head pins to attach smaller beads.  I'll use 3 sets of beads on headpins between every main bead section.  Everything will be strung together with jump rings and the rings will then be soldered.  I tried making the original necklace without soldering the jump rings and things tended to fall off.



I don't have near enough headpins filled but that will have to wait for another evening or possibly this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment