Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Next Step

Forty-five loops of 15 black diamond seed beads and 1- 5.5 mm sapphire color bi-cone crystal each and the base for the necklace is ready to hot-rod up.

 
Not a very pretty picture with my marked up bead mat in the back ground but these pictures are to show work in process and this is my work surface.  When it gets too dirty I throw it in the washer.  It's actually a car wash shammy so it stands up to a lot of abuse.

For the next step I added a picot of 3 beads to the top of each loop and a bridge of 2 beads between each loop.

Now for the fancy stuff.  Figuring out and making the center piece took a couple false starts but for now I'm happy with the results.  For this necklace I feel like I need to work from the center to the ends to keep it balanced.


The original inspiration necklace was made from sapphires, emeralds, rubies, diamonds and mounted in platinum.  I'm using those colors in my beads but they are glass or in some cases quartz. 

All together this took about 2 hours of work tonight.  I was hoping to get a little more done but I have a few other things to do before bed so it was time to quit for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment