Saturday, November 20, 2010

Craft Fairs are Over

The two craft fairs, I've spent the last two weeks frantically preparing for, are over. Now I can take a deep breath and get back to my somewhat abnormal self.  The fairs weren't as successful as I had hoped but they did give me some experience of working a fair.  I will do it again but not wait till the last minute to get things ready.

Talking to other vendors at the fairs I learned that most everyone's sales were down.  We all know our economy is in bad shape and it shows when crafters are trying to sell their wares. 

I did enjoy meeting and talking to other crafters and the people that attended the fairs.  There are so many talented people in this area.  Today's fair had me next to a lady that raises Alpacas, spins their wool, and makes lovely soft scarves, hats, gloves, and really soft, cute teddy bears.  Couldn't leave the fair without a bear.

Also meet a young lady just getting her start in the jewelry business.  Looks like she's off to a good start with good designs and quality workmanship.  I hope she continues to enjoy her craft and does well in the future.

I do have more jewelry to photograph and add to my ArtFire site.  I also want to re-photograph the jewelry I already have on the site.  I plan to get that done by next weekend.  Tomorrow I intend to play with fire and get back to my lampwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment