Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Craft Fairs

I've been spending as much free time as I have to get ready for two up-coming craft fairs.  This past weekend was spent in Kentucky babysitting grandchildren but they love making jewelry so we had us a little beading party.

A couple years ago I took a bunch of odd and end beads and jewelry findings to these kids, just to give them something to do so I could continue working on some on-going projects.  Got them hooked big time.  My son is complaining that I've created monsters.  The way I look at it, it's good eye/hand coordination skill building.  Now they have a large stash of beads that they've bought with their allowance and I usually take more for them each time we visit.

While baby sitting I was able to produce eight beaded rings to sell.  Didn't get much done but every little bit helps.  While making the rings my Granddaughter was begging for her own ring and one for her friend.  Of course I HAD to comply.  For the craft fairs I will have the items listed on my web site as well as the extra things I'll be making over the next couple of weeks.  Once done I'll take a group photo of all the new stuff.

The fairs are November 19th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at United Methodist Village in Godfrey, Illinois and November 20th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at Bethalto Knights of Columbus in Bethalto, Illinois.  I'm not totally sure about the time for the Bethalto fair and will post an update if anything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment